Friday, August 31, 2007
Aren't those yarns yummy ooohh my and those colors. I know I am acting like a kid in a candy store but that is why this blog is so named. Because every new experience every new yarn or needle I try is like a whole new world opening up to me I just love it my new moto "To boldly go where ever my knitting takes me ".
I am not sure if I mentioned I am in the KH Suprise theme swap, well I am and I am having a ball finding things for my swappee I just hopes he/she likes my selections. I may have to hire Fed X or UPS to deliver this package.LOL.
Thursday, August 23, 2007
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
35 I love soft cuddly things.
36 I love scented Candles
37 I Love bath gels and bubbles
38 I am not shy
39 I am very friendly
40 I love children
41 I love long walks on the beach and watching the sun set.
42 But I hate to feel sand between my toes ( bet you are wondering how I take those walks huh)
1:54 am so I am going to bed.
Pics to come soon of FO and a gift of stash..
Monday, August 20, 2007
Thursday, August 16, 2007
2. I am married to the most wonderful person on this planet
3. I have knitting for about 7 months
4. My first project ever was a bag.
5. I love Knittinghelp.com
6. I love making my own needles
7. My favorite yarn is ???? not sure yet
8. My fav needles are handmade but will be trying the addi turbos soon.
9. I am a English/thrower knitter (but will learn continental someday)
10. I have never knitted with circular ( i know it is sick )
11. I love music.
12. So far my favorite things to knit are hats .
13. Michael Jackson is my favorite singer.
14. I 2 projects on the needles.
15. The nanny is my favorite TV show.
16. I have black hair
17. Christmas is my favorite holiday.
18. I love to dance
19. Not really a animal person until I fell in love with this guy.
20. His name is whitey my niece named him lol
21. I crochet a little still in the learning process
22. I love knitting more
23. I love the beach
24. I love to cook
25. I prefer baths over showers
26. I love shoes my partner thinks I have to many ...can you really
27. I am a neat freak.
28. I hate it when my fingers are cold
29. I wear glasses to read
30. At present I knit only on straights.
31. I love cheese
32. I love Italian food
33. I love to read .....curled up in the window seat just when the sun is setting
Ok ok so maybe I can't find 100 things right now but I will over time so stay tuned.
Then came these objects my first hat and first attempt at ribbing.
Then followed by my first st st object I rather like this bag and believe it or not I couldn't even handle yarn efficiently as yet and I went and did this in raffia I would say I was quite brave.
I bought this denim jacket and decided I wanted to jazz it up so I bought some lion brand fun fur and decided to add this collar and cuffs. This was a bit difficult at first as I had never tried this fuzzy stuff before but in the end I think I ended up with a little doozy of a jacket.
This bag was my experiment with larger needles I think US size 15 I think .
Trying to step outside my comfort level with this seed stitch border and booties, these I gave as a gift to a friend and although they were not quite perfect she loved them.
This beanie style hat I did for my partner I was rather proud of this one I didn't even frog once yeah !!!!
This next project is a doozy my first time knitting in the round on dpns and to think I had been seaming all my other stuff someone should have told me about knitting in the round every since I loooove it. This hat was done in the colors of my National Flag.I may never wear it but I feel really good about myself for my first attempt. Bravo to me....
Those are all I have taken photos of so far but I will post the others soon.
Currently I have OTN a few scarves and The Inside Out Knit Chemo Cap I am really trying to finish before summer has ended because I really would like to start on my my very first cardigan or pullover and gloves.
Wish me luck.
And telling you all about the wonderful yarns I will hope to find on my many trips to yarns stores all around the UK and hopefully Europe as well.
So with that said here goes:- when I come back I will show you guys some pics of things I have tried in my quest to call myself a KNITTER.
Bye see you later.