Saturday, December 26, 2009

Bits and Pieces !!!

These are some of the things I have knitted over the holidays for my friends and family.

Project info
Pattern: Hemlock Flower Tam by Robyn Wade Craft
Needles: US 7 / 4.5 mm, US 5 / 3.75 mm and US 6 / 4.0 mm
Yarn: Forsell Touch of Silk Cone Aran
Amt Used: 175.0 yards (160.0m)
Notes
The yarn I used was thicker than the yarn the pattern suggest so I started with the larger needle and graded down to the smaller one for the rib section of the hat.
I think it's a very pretty hat will make one for myself.





Project info
Pattern Dashing by Cheryl Niamath Craft
Needle: US 6 / 4.0 mm
Yarn:Forsell Touch of Silk Cone Aran
Amt Used: 175.0 yards (160.0m)
Notes
Small mod did a longer thumb because dh has long fingers and did a chain link to seperate fingers gives a snug fit and keeps out cold air.



Project info
Pattern: Thorpe by Kirsten Kapur
Needle: US 7 / 4.5 mm
Yarn: Forsell Touch of Silk Aran
Amt used: 105.0 yards (96.0m) Colorway
Yarn: Sirdar Peru NaturalsStash
Amt Used 49.0 yards (44.8m)
Notes
Using a thinner yarn so made the largest size for a 5 yr old and added pom pom.






Project info
Pattern: Golden Compass Hat by Renee Sparkes Needle: US 19 / 15.0 mm and US 35 / 19.0 mm
Yarn: Cygnet Seriously Chunky
Amt used: 104.0 yards (95.1m)
Notes
LOOOVE this pattern so easy ans soo quick I finished this in less than 1 hour :-)
Mods: used a larger needle to bind off and did a 3 strand braid 6 when folded. Also added pom poms at end of braids and a lazy daisy flower on the side of hat.

Bye!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. wow that's quite impressive. Great projects. I love them all. You were a very busy knitter! Merry Christmas♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice and your photos are beautiful !

    ReplyDelete

Hi tell me what you think