Saturday, January 10, 2009

Friday Inspiration #5- Warming your Head

From the beginning of my starting knitting, I have been drawn to hats, I have knitted baby,child and adult. My first hat was a Ribbed hat on straight needles I still can remember the sense of accomplishment I felt after knitting it. I would like to believe that since then it would take something a bit more interesting to excite me, And my most recent excitement is of the Meret of which I have made two both Gifts, I really need to make on for myself the pattern is so gorgeous I really recommend it. But my favorite hat over all the hats I have done would have to be this little cutie :O)Call me mad but I really love the colors and the fact that some child in Africa might be wearing it right now and keeping they head warm. Here are this weeks questions and my answers.

What is your favourite style of hat?
I have always loved Berets I think I have had them (not knitted ) in almost every color at one time or another over my teenage years, but I have not wore a hat in a very long time, even now in the deathly cold of Winter I do not wear a hat.

Do you have a favourite yarn for making hats with?
I love knitting with Aran Worsted or bulky yarns.

What hat patterns are in your queue at the moment?
I have loads but the Cloche will be my next knit, I am sure it will make a great gift.Here is a link to the hats in my queue

Do you have a favourite handmade hat that you (or someone else) has made?
Absolutely here a few of them each of the patterns I have made 2 or 3 of each :O)
.
Meret My egg blue Hat
Thorpe

1 comment:

Hi tell me what you think