Tuesday, February 24, 2009

S.E.X and Knitting go hand in hand!!!

Howdy partners!!!How are you doing? Just a quick post to say I have been knitting, I know like; WOW it is a blog about knitting after all. DUHHH :O)

But first let us talk about S.E.X (Stash enhancement expeditions) I have come to the conclusion that I really don't have enough of any one yarn in my stash to knit anything of substance, So I am trying to enhance my stash with sweater quantities of yarn so I can actually knit something other than hat or Mitts, so recently I bought 17 skeins of Patons Jet from a fabulous online sale on Kemp's 69 pence per ball not bad huh? This is destine to become something fabulous. The Alpaca Wool blend is really nice and soft and will make a really nice Knitted garment.
On to my most recent knit I think it is so adorable, I made this as a surprise for a friend who just had a beautiful baby girl. I really hope it fits, The pattern is the Seamless Kimono Sweater it was a lot easier than I thought after I finally figured out the body. I will definitely make this pattern again. Since it was for a baby I decided to use an acrylic yarn, Caron Simply Soft it was a bit splity but overall it was not the worst thing I ever knitted with, I also knitted a hat to match with a garter brim and matching flowers unfortunately no pic due to dropped camera :O( take a look at it let me know what you think.
I think it's so cute, make me feel very broody!! Maybe that will help me with my TTC. :O)

1 comment:

  1. I love, love, love that pink yarn. You are right, the baby sweater is adorable !!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi tell me what you think